Thursday, January 30, 2020

3A- MY ENTREPRENEURSHIP STORY

Growing up I always looked forward to going to take your child to work day with my dad. My dad owns a company called "The Hair Zone". The hair zone is a company that tailors to barbershops all around Florida. If you've gotten your hair cut at a barbershop, there is a 80% chance that they are using products that my dad sold to them. My dad's company is basically a hair supply shop on wheels. He travels through multiple cities a day distributing hair supplies 5 out of 7 days a week. I use to love going on runs with my dad because he sees so many people a day. I have always been super social and talkative so the fact that I got to see a good 50-100 faces a day and get to have conversations with each of them was always a lot more fun than visiting my moms office job in a law firm. I got to learn all the ropes of business. My dad's family use to own a barber supply shop in New york and in 2007, my dad took that business and put it on wheels to capitalize investment. My dad loves his job. He  has never once complained about his job and I admire it. He took an idea, made it his own if not made it better. I think that is the true definition of entrepreneurship.

I joined this class mostly because it was required of me tbh. And to be even more honest, I already took this class but I wasn't taking it seriously and ended up failing. Words to the wise, don't wait till last minute in this class..But honestly, I kinda enjoyed this class because it made me really think and it was a challenge as well. I plan to keep up with this class this time around. Take it slow and actually enjoy the ride.


Image result for the hair zone     

2 comments:

  1. I love your story; it seems so genuine and very p[passionate. I can tell you really love your day and that you look up to him. I'm glad you were able to go on business runs with him, he exposed you to the life of an entrepreneur.

    I love your advice about not waiting until last minute to turn in assignemnts. The assignments can be tedious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reason why you took this class reminded me of myself. I procrastinate a lot and have done that with another one of my classes where I've had to take it again just because I was messing around. It was a good way to remind myself to keep my things together.

    ReplyDelete

30A- Final Reflection

1. I knew what I was getting into from the very beginning of this course because I had already taken it a year before. When I took it the fi...