Thursday, January 23, 2020

2A- BUG LIST


1. My number one bug at the moment is people who do not wait for others inside the elevator to get out before walking in. R U D E !
-- why: Some people might be in a rush or they simply just didn't wait long enough for the door to open to clearly see others inside.

2.  When a shopping cart is left in the way of a parking spot and not placed back where it belongs.
--Why? People do this out of pure laziness. Maybe they were in a rush or maybe they just didn't feel like doing it but in return, someone else has to do it or they have to find a farther spot all because of one person's unwillingness to walk 10 ft.

3. Terrible Parking jobs
--Why? Again, out of pure laziness or unwillingness to do so, someone must find another spot because another person decided to take up 2 spots. Most times people realize they did this and just don't care enough to fix it, sad world.

4. People who use they "10 items or less" checkout line with clearly more than 10 items in their cart.
--Why? some people think "well im only a few over so why not?" They think it'll fly because no one will say something. And no one usually does. But people who use this line usually have way less than 10 items. It causes a huge back up for no reason at all.

5. Motorcyclist crazy driving. Everyone has bumper stickers saying "watch out for motorcycles" when in reality they need to watch out for me !
--Why? Motorcyclists believe because they can fit into spots that cars cant, that it is an automatic free for all. They zoom in and out of lanes so fast that you can barely see them. Its hazardous and someone could get seriously injured.

6. Students who cross the street on campus with zero regard to oncoming traffic. I get it, Pedestrians first. But that only applies on a cross walk!!
--Why? Students are in a constant rush to get to where they're going and don't feel the need to walk to the closest crosswalk to do so. I mean, I do it all the time. Still annoying when it gets done to you though.

7. 5pm Gainesville traffic. Traffic would not exist if you simply just drive.
--Why? Gainesville is overpopulated. People text and drive and dont pay attention to the road. Everyone is leaving work at the same time trying to go the same direction and with the lack of attention on the road, a 15 min trip turns into an hour if you're out anywhere between 4-6pm.

8. When grocery stores are out of a product. You literally had one job. To sell what i need.
--Why? someone messed up and didn't order enough. Or maybe everyone wanted the same item this week. Regardless, people go to the store for their everyday needs. Getting out of bed to buy something i needed and seeing it sold out is beyond frustrating.

9. When stores do not have my size in an item
--Why? similar to my last bug, maybe they didn't order enough or maybe alot of people wanted that item that week. Over stocking isn't hard and Idk why stores would rather have less than more but that is just me.

10. Roomates that leave their dirty dishes in the sink. This is a common area, act like it.
--Why? Maybe they had to go, maybe they were just lazy. Cleaning a dish takes just as long as it did to dirty it. Literally seconds. Its inconsiderate of others because someone (not the person who dirtied it) ends up cleaning it instead.

11.  People who drive less than 80mph in the fast lane. Its called the fast lane for a reason, move.
--Why? Maybe some people don't know about this unspoken rule, maybe the other lanes have slow drivers. Regardless of the excuse it is never okay. Move to the other lanes if you're not gonna go 80 or over.

12. Messed up food orders. Everyone makes mistakes but it is the job of the person working to ensure the meal is correct before giving it away. Everyone just assumes its right and leaves.
--Why? maybe it was busy or maybe they trusted the prep guy. People make mistakes but that's why you're suppose to check before handing it over. Takes two seconds to make sure everything is spot on.

13. Delayed package deliveries. If you're anything like me, I'm super last minute. The day my package is suppose to deliver, is usually the last possible day I can accept it. so when something arrives late, I'm screwed.
--Why? It wasn't shipped out when it was suppose to be or maybe their was a back up in shipment. but do not promise a day you cannot deliver. It brings false hope to the buyer and the might not do business with that company again. Everyone loses.

14. Losing your debit card. By now, you'd think we'd have trackers installed.
--Why? For most people, A debit card is the only form of money they carry on them. Its so small and super easy to misplace. Once you lose your card, you have to wait for a new one to come in and its just a really annoying process. We should have trackers or online cards.

15. People who blame their attitude on "Not having coffee yet" That is literally so stupid and makes zero sense.
--Why? People always look for someone or something to blame for their short comings. Most people will blame it on the fact that they hadn't had coffee yet for being sour to people. How about not blaming a drink and owning up to your own actions and attitude?

16. Over priced parking citations on campus
--Why? This is probably to stop people from parking where they shouldn't but it is really annoying that we have to pay for parking anyways. We pay a lot of money just to attend school so how are you gonna charge someone for parking their car to -- attend school...

17. Letting someone borrow something of yours, then they misplace it
--Why? when something does not belong to you, you tend not to care about it as much. However, it is extremely rude to be so careless with something that belongs to someone who was trying to do you  favor.

18. Closed roads. There are 12 hours in the day where people driving on the road is minimal, please use that time to dig up roads, thanks.
--Why? Maybe the job became to long and they did not have enough time to finish. Well now many people's everyday routes are effected and a lot of people will be late. Hire a team of enough people to get that done at night when no one is using those roads.

19. Paper straws. While companies are trying to save the planet, there's way better ways of doing it. Paper straws are flimsy, the fall apart and no one wants to drink out of soggy paper.
--Why? It is more environmentally friendly than plastic straws, but it is still a terrible idea overall.

20. Stores that do not offer grocery bags.
--Why? Some stores have hopped onto the environmentally friendly wave by completely cutting out their use of plastic. Awesome but can we have paper? I know this encourages people to bring their own reusable bag but its not like everyone just keeps those in the back of their pockets. Options would be nice.



This assignment was difficult in waves. I would go maybe 5 things that bugged me before I got extremely stumped. Then I'd have to think for about 30 minutes to come up with 5 more. I thought a lot of things bugged me in life but there's not many resolutions for somethings. My list is a list of things I feel like something could be done about at the end of the day.  Going into this, I thought it would be a super easy assignment, but once I sat down to start, I was glad I gave myself enough time before the due date or I would've been very stressed.





3 comments:

  1. Hi Gianna! Your Bug List was good. You provided reasons for each as to why they exist and less of why they actually bug you. Interestingly, a few of yours were the same or similar to mine.
    In your reflection you mentioned feeling like a lot of things on your lists bugged you, but there weren’t really resolutions for them. I had a few on my list that I felt the same of. However, I agree with you that something more could be done with those problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gianna, the bug that I mostly agree with is Gainesville traffic at 5 Pm. It is the absolute worst! I believe the reason that the traffic exists is because there are so many stop lights and they turn green for only 15 seconds and then turn red for 2 minutes. There are just so many cars on the road and the roads are so small and one lane. Also, busses make frequent stops and it is impossible to go around them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This whole post is just really funny, I feel like I can actively hear you say these things. Number 10 plagues my existence, I’m happy to know that I’m not crazy for expecting people to clean up after themselves. I noticed that a lot of your bugs were related to things that waste your time and impede on your schedule and I respect and relate to that. I have things to do and places to be.

    ReplyDelete

30A- Final Reflection

1. I knew what I was getting into from the very beginning of this course because I had already taken it a year before. When I took it the fi...