Friday, April 3, 2020

21A- READING REFLECTION

1. The main theme I was able to collect from this book revealed the outsized role of luck in our lives and how best to play the system. This book goes into great detail of Scott Adams tragic failures that in return lead to big success in his life. Adams shares a game plan with us that he had been following since a teenager that helped him work his way up from a part time employee to a world famous comic strip creator. 

2. I believe this book tied in really well with this course in the aspect that we are learning on how to be okay with failing and tweaking our product as we go along. Adam didn't always know where he wanted to go or what he wanted to do but as he experienced different things, he narrowed down what he DIDNT want to do. I think that when we have to repeat assignments according to our customers values and needs and the judgements of our peers, it allows us to think further of what not to do and keeps us on a steady pace to success.

3. Doing a research project on someone or people who have succeeded in the line of work we are striving for. Adam researched and worked closely with some people who were going in the same direction as him and he was able to grow and gain more knowledge and experience by doing so.

4. I think my biggest surprise of the book was when Adam talked about how he discovered some unlikely truths during his time. He mentioned "Goals are for losers, Systems are for winners". I've always set goals for myself but I never really set a system in place to achieve those goals. That quote alone made me realize that setting goals does nothing for you unless you have a strict plan that is going to help you achieve those goals.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is a great part of the learning process to know for sure what you DO NOT want to do. If you can not be honest with yourself about these things, then you will be wasting your time and energy. It is also important to accept failure, which is something we learn about a bunch in this class. I think researching is very important, especially when coming up with your own ideas, you want to make sure that you are doing something original.

    ReplyDelete

30A- Final Reflection

1. I knew what I was getting into from the very beginning of this course because I had already taken it a year before. When I took it the fi...