Friday, February 14, 2020

9A- Testing the Hypothesis

From conducting my interviews, I was able to infer the following:

WHO:
Those who lie inside the boundaries of my opportunity would be those who feel like they lose their cards often. Anyone who would rather find their card instead of going to the bank/waiting in the mail for a new one. Also anyone who can see themselves only benefitting from this product. From my interviews, I found that 4/5 people would say they would only benefit from this service. Many people may be responsible, but as a precaution, it is always better to have the tracker than to not.

WHAT:
There has yet to be a service like this. Although there are mobile card apps such as apple pay, Venmo and cash-app, there really isn't anything out there like a card tracker. While these mobile apps might be just as convenient, some people like to keep it old fashion and just have their card in hand. I use Venmo and cash-app to pay others, but my apple pay is personally not set up because I just use my debit card instead.

WHY:
Because their is no other service like this, it makes the people want it. Most people don't know they need something until they've had a taste of it. In this case, while their are mobile payment apps, no one likes losing their stuff. Especially a debit card that anyone could easily find and use. If there was some sort of tracker installed in the card, people are able to track down their cards a lot quicker than the manual way. I feel like people need this product more than they realize. With everything turning digital, it may be hard to compete. But if this wasn't an option and just a simple installation in newer cards, it would be a great feature to have.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gianna. I noticed in your post that you didn't list anyone that you discovered would be outside the boundaries of your product. Did you in fact uncover this in your interviews? Also, you mentioned that 4/5 people interviewed said that they would benefit from this service. I'm curious to know why the other individual felt like your idea would not be beneficial. I certainly think it would be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gianna,

    I personally lose my card all the time. I have like over 7 temporary cards lying around. I was wondering how effective the tracker would be. Like, it is so little and thin it could be anywhere. Would it give you a general location or tell you specifically what part of the room it is in, etc. Although, I like the idea because every time I lose my card I risk fraud or have to reprogram my apple pay and venmo and all that.

    ReplyDelete

30A- Final Reflection

1. I knew what I was getting into from the very beginning of this course because I had already taken it a year before. When I took it the fi...