Thursday, February 6, 2020

7A- TESTING THE HYPOTHESIS PART 1

 The Opportunity: Credit/Debit cards are a commonly used item Nationally. I have found through research and conducted interviews that college kids are more likely than not to lose their cards here and there. These thin, flimsy cards are suppose to make it easy to purchase items on the fly. When they are missing, our lives feel like they are put on hold. In order to better keep track of our belongings, I believe some sort of tracking system should be put in place. 

 The Who: For this assignment I will be specifically targeting college students so that I can get a better understanding from young adults who may be a more irresponsible than established adults.

 The Why: it is very common for students to lose their debit cards during outings or just accidentally leaving their cards behind at food places. It is more common that young adults will lose their cards here and there because there's probably not as much money in there that people feel bound to guard with their lives. Again, we tend to be more irresponsible. 

 The What: Credit/debit cards are easily misplaced. Because they are so thin and flimsy, they are bound to fall out of pockets, get left behind and a million other reasons we tend to misplace things. 

Post Interviews Summary: After conducting my interviews, I found that 4/5 people could rely on a card tracker to keep their cards handy. The 1/4 stated that since he pays for everything himself, he tends to be more cautious with the whereabouts of his cards. This made me realize that when something is handed to you, you are more likely to mistreat/miss care for said thing. When it is something you work for on your own or provide for yourself, you are more likely to keep your eye on said thing. I believe this is why it is more common for young adults who rely on their parents to misplace their cards than parents themselves who fund everything on their own. This was an eye opening factor that I did not think about before conducting my interviews. It plays a huge role in whether or not you tend to lose your cards more often than not.


2 comments:

  1. Gigi, I too pay for everything myself so I am VERY aware of where my card is at all times. Having said that, I do think that something that is easier to hold on to might be a better option for those that tend to lose things. Also, this would help with the issue we have with excessive plastic use which I focus on in my posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea!! it is so common but very important. Ive never lost a debit card but I have misplaced it several times in my home and it was stressful looking for it so I can imagine the stress level for the people that actually loses it while partying or a simple night out. I hope you really consider bringing this product to life

    ReplyDelete

30A- Final Reflection

1. I knew what I was getting into from the very beginning of this course because I had already taken it a year before. When I took it the fi...